The Faxon Firearms 6.5 Creedmoor Heavy Fluted Barrel is manufactured from triple stress-relieved 416R stainless steel with straight flutes machined into the exterior surface. Fluting reduces weight while actually adding to the stiffness of the barrel and providing enhanced cooling properties to resist distortion of the barrel as it heats up. We put each 6.5 Creedmoor Heavy Fluted Barrel through a battery of tests, including Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) to ensure the barrel you install on your rifle is free of hidden flaws that could compromise accuracy or service life. Each 6.5 Creedmoor Heavy Fluted Barrel is button rifled with a 5R pattern and 1-8" twist to impart excellent stability to the 6.5 Creedmoor bullet; makes cleaning easier, too. Unlike traditional rifling, 5R rifling has lands offset over grooves, meaning the bullet is not distorted as if travels down the barrel.
- Barrel Material: 416-R
- Barrel Type: 5R Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Length: 22"
- Barrel Profile: Heavy Fluted
- Barrel Gas System: Rifle
- Inside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Outside Finish: Salt Bath Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
- Gas Block Diameter: .750"
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1"
- Barrel Extension: DPMS LR-308 Compatible - Nickel Teflon Coated
- Barrel Weight: 2.75lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected!
- Polished 11-degree Target Crown
Previous SKU: FAX-10BC8R22FHQ-5R-NP3