This is an FFL item. Please read our Terms & Conditions Below!
CONSIGNMENT - CONDITION: NEW (OLD STOCK)
This beautiful .22 LR target pistol from Ruger features a blued steel frame and barrel, 5.5" bull barrel, adjustable rear sight, checkered black synthetic grips with Ruger's classic red logo, weaver style scope base adapter and has a loading capacity of 10+1.
The Ruger Mark III is the third generation of Sturm, Ruger & Co.'s oldest line of pistols that effectively built the Ruger name. The Mark III can trace its basic design all the way back to the Ruger Standard (designed in the 1950's) although various mechanisms and materials have been incorporated into the design of the Mark III. The Mark III was discontinued in 2016 and has since been replaced by the Ruger Mark IV. The Mark III Target was the second version of the Mark III released, featuring a shaped grip and a 140mm (5.5in) barrel. Finished in blued or satin stainless steel, the MK III Target was also produced with basic iron sights (fixed front sight and adjustable rear sight) with a pre-fitted Weaver adapter for custom sights.
The Mark III has remained, in essence, the same basic pistol that the original Standard had been. The same (but improved) blowback operating system is used along with the same 1:16 ratio rifling twist barrel and frame design. Many improvements to the Standard were made when the Ruger MK II was released, however the Mark III has been developed to refine that design still further.
Major changes were made to the location of the magazine release and safety activation mechanisms to make the Mark III more usable to a wider group of customers. The magazine release has been moved to behind the trigger guard to make it more accessible, while there was also a newly developed system to prevent the Mark III from being fired without the magazine being inserted. The various safety mechanisms have been improved with the addition of an internal lock, which can be used to lock the Mark III safe when a key is used.
The Mark III was also fitted with a new loaded chamber indicator, designed to let the shooter know if a round has been chambered and hence mean that the Mark III would be ready to fire. This was also combined with a smooth contour ejection port, designed to ease the ejection of spent rounds as there was less chance of the cartridge cases from potentially being deflected back into the chamber, causing a jam. This was aided by the inclusion of a Weaver style tactical rail, to allow the fitting of custom scopes.
Other features include:
- An unobtrusive internal lock that locks the safety in the "SAFE" position.
- A magazine disconnect to prevent accidental discharge when the magazine has been removed.
- The first-ever visible loaded chamber indicator for a .22 rimfire pistol.
- A magazine release button re-located to a more common position, on the left side of the frame, behind the trigger guard.
- A smoothly contoured, comfortably angled grip frame made of rugged steel components.
- A manual safety that positively locks the sear.
- An internal cylindrical bolt construction ensures permanent alignment and higher accuracy potential than conventional moving-slide designs.
- Two ten-round magazines and a high-impact case are included.
- All adjustable sight Mark III Target .22 pistols come drilled and tapped for a Weaver-type scope base adapter, included with each pistol.
- Catalog Number: MKIII512
- Model Number: 10101
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Finish: Blued
- Barrel Style: Bull
- Grips: Checkered
- Front Sight: Fixed
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Overall Length: 9.75 in.
- Caliber: 22 LR
- Capacity: 10
- Height: 5.50 in.
- Weight: 42.00 oz.
- Rate of Twist: 1:16 RH
- Barrel Length: 5.50 in
- Grooves: 6
What’s in the Box
- Ruger Mark III Pistol - Blued Model
- (2) Magazines
- Weaver Style Scope Base Adapter & Screws
- Pad Lock
- Owner’s Manual
- Shell Casing from Factory Test Fire
- Original Plastic Pistol Bag
- Original Purchase Receipt
FFL Instructions, Terms and Conditions (PLEASE READ!!!):
- Any items placed on the same order as a lower receiver will also be shipped to the FFL. If you would like additional items shipped to you directly, please place them on a separate order.
- Please enter your information or the receiving party's (the person that will be picking it up) information AS WELL AS the name, email and a good contact phone number for the FFL dealer you want us to ship your receiver to in the ORDER COMMENT box while checking out. We will obtain the shipping address and other necessary information directly from them.
- If the dealer you are using to transfer a firearm has not sent us a currently updated FFL to put on file or is uncooperative with our request there will be an extended period of time needed to process your order.
There will be a 50% restocking fee on all consignment firearms returned because of failed background checks. All sales of consignment firearms are final. No returns accepted.
Federal law requires that you be 21 years or age or older to purchase a stripped receiver or frame. If a frame or receiver can only be made into a long gun (rifle or shotgun), it is still a frame or receiver not a handgun or long gun. However, they still are "firearms" by definition, and subject to the same GCA limitations as any other firearms. See Section 921(a)(3)(b). 18 U.S.C. Section 922(b)(1) makes it unlawful for a licensee to sell any firearm other than a shotgun or rifle to any person under the age of 21.